Thursday, March 1, 2012

Motivation- Use Your Strengths Part 5

Here's part five! I think this is a big one.
What are your strengths and how have they helped you?

I am motivated [to get better] by my loved ones.  When things get tough I keep going because of my support system.  I see that I am lucky to be alive and I need to make it worth it. If I get frustrated I remind myself how lucky I am.

Writing can be frustrating at times, no matter how much you love it.  Don't forget to let yourself step back, take a breath and remember that if you are able to write, you are blessed.  Because let's face it, barring some extreme examples, if you are writing that means you have a secure place in life. Likely you aren't out scrounging for food or working your hands to the bone.  If you can worry about what your main character thinks about red nail polish, then you probably aren't in the middle of some life crisis. Having the time and mental and physical abilities to do what we love means our lives are blessed. Many of us are dying for the moment when we can quit our "real job" and write full time.  At least we have that job to put food in our mouths and a roof over our heads.

Take a minute to appreciate the wonderful people and blessings around you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your musings :)