Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Insecure Writers Support Group

In addition to participating in Blogging A to Z, working full time and -ahem- trying to finish my work in progress, I am also a member of the Insecure Writers Support Group.

My topic this Month: How writing makes me fat.

Seriously.

The better I get at it (and I like to think I'm improving all the time), the more I eat.  See, there's more stress involved now that people (a.k.a. agents) are showing some interest.  And with stress comes the insane need to stuff my face.

I will be lucky if I reach publication before I weigh 400 pounds.  But then, lets face it- I'll just be lucky if I reach publication. When that day comes, will I really care if I've completely turned to jello? Or will I be too euphoric to care?

Sorry, I've gotta go... there's a cake in the oven....

3 comments:

  1. Lol - I completely get that! Cups of tea (essential while writing) need biscuits. It's the way of the world - who am I to mess up the cosmos? Thanks for the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a chronic snacker-while-writing. My only advice: chew gum. or get sucking candies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its like food entertains that little corner of yor mind that wanders while writing. Food and writing. Well, their a natural pair.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your musings :)