Sunday, March 19, 2017

Random Book Review: Broken



I just finished devouring the third book in Jex Lane's Beautiful Monsters series, Broken... and it was amazing.

These books are not my usual fare. Full of blood, violence, torture, sex, and pain, they draw you in to a world where vampires and incubi/succubi are at war. And Mathew, an abomination of an incubus turned vampire is caught right in the middle.

At times I hate the characters. I want to slap them. Scream. Put the damned book down as Mathew endures progressively worse heartbreak and physical pain with every installment.... but I just couldn't put them down. And this latest book  is the best one so far.

The only complaint I have about this book is I want more of Hiroto, fox spirit turned incubus-employed-vampire slayer.

This seems to be a  series that grows in strength with every installment, and  I can't wait for the next one, promised for 2018.
Broken: Beautiful Monsters Vol. 3 by [Lane, Jex]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your musings :)