Monday, May 14, 2012

Goal Setting Challenge- Let's Do This Thing!

Challenge time.  I am all about goals.  I am currently working on a project that has me VERY excited.  I want this baby done! It's gonna rock.

That being said, I'd like to have my rough draft done (or very close) by the end of June.  I decided it might help me be accountable if I posted my progress here.  I then decided that I would probably need help to stay motivated and meet my goal. That's where YOU come in.

If you would like to join me and set some goals for yourself, please post here and on your blog!  They don't even have to be writing goals, and any goal counts.  Want to finish outlining your WIP? Write X number of words a day? Make sure you take breaks or get enough sleep?  Spend more time at the petting zoo? Goals don't have to have anything to do with writing.  Here are mine:

Long term goal #1- Finish rough draft of Fallen by July 1st. (Currently at 17,000 words)
Short term goal #1- Pen to paper or fingers to keys every day.  Even if it's just jotting notes.
Word goal: 10,500 per week (holy mother of the gods! It's Nanowrimo all over again!)

Long term goal #2-Create Healthy Habits.
Short term goal#2- Exercise every day with the hubby.


All right.  Those are going to be painful.  Wish me luck.  Set some goals of your own.  Lets have some fun!


2 comments:

  1. If you don't think BIG, you just won't get anywhere. I totally agree. Thanks for the beautiful blog here. I love the path among the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today's results:
    words- 1229
    exercise- 1 hour of biking, plus pushing the kiddo on the swings and merry-go-round.

    Happy place :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your musings :)