Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Gearing up for Camp NaNoWriMo and Searching for Critique Groups

Happy Tuesday! Two part post today. 

Part One:
For those of us who just can't get enough of crazy goals, there is NaNoWriMo.  And for those of us who need a little Christmas in July... or June, as the case may be, there is Camp NaNoWriMo. 

In two days, June's event kicks off.  Got what it takes to write 50,000 words in one month? Wanna die trying?  Sign up here.  There are all kinds of opportunities for networking and support, or you can just use it for motivation to get your butt writing.

I did Nano last November and did fairly well (I didn't reach 50k.  I think it was closer to 30k or 40k- still very significant.)  I'm planning on using this event to push through the remainder of my work in progress.  I am at about 40,000 words, with my ultimate goal being somewhere around 90,000, so this is perfect. 

Anyone who is curious can see my novel info here, complete with an excerpt from the prologue of the novel.

Is anyone joining?


Part Two:
I'm looking for a critique group for paranormal romance.  I am already a member of Critters, but the crits are slow in the romance section due to low membership, and tend to be skewed toward your standard romance. One critique was glowing right up until they realized they were reading a paranormal romance- when the love interest turned out to not be human.  Then they used the word "crestfallen."  Not the most helpful feedback I've ever received given my preferred genre:) 

Does anyone have a group they would recommend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your musings :)