Friday, December 21, 2012

Romance and a Critique!

Happy holidays! Agent Courtney is running another critique contest. It ends today, so hop on over and check it out here.

In addition, a recent post on her page links to a piece about reading romances. Basically it talks about not being ashamed that you read romances.  I sympathize with the author, as I have also read "smut" since a young age. I admit that even though I'm an adult, an aspiring author, and I often write romance/sex, I STILL sometimes feel embarrassed to admit what I read.  I think its just been instilled in us.

I'm working to cast that feeling off. I read and write romance (in varying "heat" levels).  I'm also intelligent, well educated, and a productive member of society.  More people should read about love- maybe then there would be more love in the world.  God knows we could use more love.

Another crucial component of a romance novel is the HEA(uh, happily ever after for those not in the know).  Yet another thing this world is all too often lacking! We shouldn't be ashamed for embracing these things- or for simply liking what we like, for that matter.

What do you think? Are you a member of romance writers anonymous? My name is Kaye, and I read romance.  Lots of it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your musings :)