Thursday, February 23, 2012

Motivation- Use Your Strengths! Part 1

I recently came across a wonderful source of information.  I can't directly quote or reference this info for the purposes of anonymity, however I wanted to share the gist of it.  These are gems.I plan to post them one at a time.

A group of people who had suffered severe injuries were asked this question:  What Are Your Strengths and How Have They Helped You?  I found the answers to be inspiring and motivational as they apply to my own life, particularly my journey to become a published author.  So here is the first reply:

I seek until I find.  If I want it I go get it.   I find the knowledge I need to help me reach my goal.  I became a sponge, soaking up everything I could.

One of the most common pieces of advice I have heard (or read) about being a writer is that  you need to educate yourself- read others' works, read books about writing, soak up everything you can about the publishing industry, the list is endless. I think this also applies to self-discovery and learning/growing as you gain experience.  The first few things I wrote weren't great (sure I can say that now- grimace) but I sure as heck learned a lot about what wasn't working, and my most recent works have reaped the benefits. I think writing is a constant quest for knowledge.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your musings :)