Sunday, January 10, 2016

Exciting Earth and Sky Updates

Exciting things are in the works for me right now. I am ridiculously excited to share with you that the Earth and Sky saga is in the process of becoming, well... a saga! The rough draft of book II is finished, and I am in the plotting and outlining stages of books III and IV simultaneously (something I've never done before.) This has been a long time in coming, but looking back on it, I'm glad. Earth and Sky was written quite some time ago. While it was my fourth full-length novel to be written, the first three novels were part of a series, and were a completely different genre and feel. AND I was a new writer. Any author will tell you, even having written four whole novels is nothing in terms of growth and experience. I've gotten about eight years, ten full-length works, a few short stories, and some classes under my belt now (though that still doesn't mean I know what I'm doing!)

All that to say, Wren and Ville and the world I created in Earth and Sky are (and always have been) rather dear to me. I love all my imaginary people, but I have to admit I have a soft spot for this one. I always thought there was more to be written in the world, but chose instead to focus on creating new stand-alone novels and worlds in order to continue submissions to agents and publishers- feeling I wasn't successful, I wasn't a writer, I hadn't MADE it, until obtaining that mark of success. I won't go into the whole agent/publisher versus indie thing here. That is a discussion for another day, and one that lots of other far more successful and experienced writers have had in a far more skillful way than I ever will.

What I want to say here is that I think the delay in coming back to my love (Earth and Sky) was a good thing, painful as it is for me to admit it (I'm someone who wants progress and wants it NOW!) I am so very, very excited to now be pouring all of my love and attention into what I think will be a beautiful world of characters. Because I've grown a lot, as a writer and as a person, since I wrote those first few novels. If I had tried to write the Earth and Sky series right after the first book, it wouldn't have worked. I think I'm ready now, and I'm so excited to share the end result with you.

So, bear with me for the next months (or year), while I work for you. I'll do my best to fulfill the promise of Earth and Sky--but you're going to have to put up with my nerdy gushing!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your musings :)