I've also found out that I love discovering random things that I have in common with my fellow writers. I think some explanation is needed here. I'm not a social person. Don't get me wrong- I'm not a mouth breathing cave dweller- I can get along perfectly well with people. My day job requires me to interact with people on a constant, never-ending basis, both in my office, in meetings, and out in the community at conferences and luncheons all while being respectable and "professional". I can DO it. I just don't enjoy it. Maybe because I spend so much time
In realizing this, I've decided that my blog should include more of that. While I started this thing to help me with writing (in so many ways), it's missing that really personal side, I think. So I've decided to throw in some random personal posts that have nothing (at least directly) to do with writing. I hope I'll get to know all my followers, and find out even more random things we have in common :)
This is a huge step for me, because I'm terrified that this will just result in a bunch of rambling nonsense that no one cares about. Deep breath. I guess we'll see.
Here are some random facts about me. Do any of these apply to you?
1) I have a four year old daughter who is crazier than crazy and I wonder if we're not doing something wrong by encouraging the crazy rather than attempting to rein it in ;)
2) I have a perfectly wonderful career- that I really don't like.
3) I am somewhere between vegan and vegetarian (I eat eggs, but am allergic to dairy)- but don't expect me to be all crunchy granola. I live on a budget, and I really love food. Definitely not one of those whip-cord thin people chanting on a mountaintop. (glances at empty "cake in a mug" cup).
4) I take belly dance classes and love it- even though I laugh at myself every time I look in the mirror.
5) I am the proud mother of three cats and a dog who thinks she's a cat. Maybe she was a cat in a past life.
6) I am an amateur mountain biker (ie: trails with hills rider).
7) I read manga. A lot. Which is kind of embarrassing for a 30 year old woman. But hey, that's me :)
8) I am currently addicted to words with friends and rolled eggs with rice.